MTI Master Prophy AirLite Swivel Handpiece (PURPLE)
The advanced Master Prophy AirLite™ features a quick-disconnect swivel adapter to connect to any standard 2- or 4-hole tubing. The 360° swivel allows rapid exchange and reduces hand fatigue caused by the drag and twisting of the tubing. The polishing handpiece is designed for comfortable balance with a tapered profile for a relaxed hand position. It operates at up to 3,500 rpm for smooth, effortless removal of tough stains while limiting gingival abrasion and prophy paste splatter. The prophy angle is easily and securely push-fitted onto the handpiece via friction grip locking mechanism – accepts both Doriot-style metal and most disposable prophy angles. MTI’s most popular hygiene handpiece provides exceptional polishing performance, minimized hand fatigue and increased patient comfort. In a 2010 evaluation by an independent non-profit dental education and product testing institute, 94% of the evaluators rated it excellent or good.
- Air pressure: 35-50 psi recommended
- Rotation direction: forward only
- Motor speed: 3,500 rpm
- Lubrication required
- Autoclave at maximum 275º F (135º C)
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Warranty: 2 Years (Handpiece)
- Master Swivel sold separately (Click Here)
- Purple color (also available in blue and pink)
- 1. To attach the swivel adapter to the dental delivery tubing, grasp the tubing connector and hold the nose portion of the swivel adapter. Line up the tubes of the swivel connector with the holes on the tubing connector.
- 2. Firmly hold the nose portion of swivel and tighten the tubing nut onto the swivel connector threads until snug.
- 3. To attach the swivel adapter to the handpiece, pull back the release collar ring on the swivel and insert the nose portion fully into the handpiece connector. Release the collar and assure that it returns to its standard position. Verify that there is no gap between the handpiece and the swivel adapter.
- 4. To remove, grasp collar and pull back until swivel adapter releases from the handpiece.