MTI’s pen-style CLEAR BLUE LED curing light is cordless, ergonomic and lightweight. It features the latest generation technology for reliable long LED life. CLEAR BLUE is suitable to cure materials within the range of 430nm-480nm. This light spectrum (in nanometers) would include polymerization of all materials with CQ as the photo initiator. Its high light intensity of 1,200 mW/cm2 allows for shorter curing times with the standard curing depth of 2mm. The handpiece has three working modes of curing light operation. Curing modes include 3 settings: high continuous power, ramp-up and pulse operation. The handpiece can be set for various exposure times (5, 10, 15 and 20 seconds) depending on direct or indirect materials, area of polymerization, or indication for reduced shrinkage stress and reduced temperature build up.
The transparent light guide rod is composed of treated glass with an internal reflector for maximum efficiency. It is 8mm in diameter, can be rotated 360 degrees and is removable for sterilization. The Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery offers short charging times and no memory effect. A full charge takes approximately 4 hours and it can be used for several minutes of operation after only charging for 10 minutes. The advanced microprocessor guarantees full power output during operation. The portable handpiece is charged by placing it in the charger base, and the complete curing light kit also includes a power cord to plug into a 120 volts power outlet.
- 1-year warranty
- Powerful LED (ca. 1,200 mW/cm-2) for fast curing
- Optimal wavelength range: 430 – 480 nm
- Three curing modes: continuous power / ramp-up / pulse
- Choice of 4 curing times (5 to 20 seconds)
- Simple and intuitive to operate
- Ergonomic, cordless design and lightweight, only 1lbs 6oz.
- Freely adjustable light guide, rotating 360°
- Optimal access due to angled light guide tip
- Polymerization area of 8.0 mm in diameter
- Low heat, silent operation, no fan
- Rechargeable battery, charging time < 4 hrs
- Charger, handpiece, an light shield are easy to clean
- Light guide rod can be autoclaved
The curing light is activated by pressing the on/off button. One of the three curing mode can be selected, and the practitioner can choose between 5s, 10s, 15s or 20s curing time. The same on/off button is used to start the curing operation.